Learn Hindi Abroad
Hindi is a language spoken by around 300 million people worldwide. If you are keen to learn, or improve your Hindi language skills view our guide which includes information on top rated courses, recommended language schools abroad and top tips and advice for the best way to learn Hindi.
Hindi Language Courses Abroad
Hindi Language Schools Worldwide
Find language schools offering Hindi language courses around the world.
Where is Hindi Spoken
- South Africa
- Trinidad & Tobago
Background to the Hindi Language
Hindi can be a difficult language to pick up especially if you have no prior knowledge of the language. If you are an English speaker you will find some words which are the same or similar for example cheetah, jungle, karma, yoga and guru.
Helpful Tips for Learning Hindi
- Use every free moment to study
- Be patient and don't give up - you won't become flent overnight
- Practise practise practise
- Make friends with a native speaker
- Book a language course
- Visit the country to interact with locals
- Listen to music, podcast or watch television/films with subtitles
- Try to learn a new word or phrase every day
- Download apps and podcasts
- Watch some Bollywood movies or check out instructors or lessons on YouTube
Online Hindi Courses
One of the cheapest and most flexible ways to learn Hindi is to buy an online course. This can offer a structured way for you to learn and get expect advice at anytime.
How to Learn Hindi for Free
There are lots of websites which offer free Hindi lessons and language tips, we highly recommend checking Youtube. Although these are not as structured or as indepth as a paid online or classroom course you will get to improve steadily. You could also do a language exchange - find someone who speaks Hindi and who might be interested in learning English or a different language.