Camping Essential Packing List
Camping is an amazing way to escape the hustle and bustle of normal life and enjoy a relaxing break. Camping is fun for friends, couples and families - but what should you pack?
If you are you planning on going camping and wondering what you need to take check out our list including the basics, essential must-haves and also things you can leave at home.
What to Think About Before Departing
- Where do you want to go?
- How long will you stay for?
- How many people are going?
- What will the weather be like?
- Will you be out in the wild or stay on a campsite?
- Are you okay camping in a tent, or would you prefer extra luxury like glamping or a caravan?
Essential Things to Pack
- Tent + tent pegs
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Mat / Air Bed / Camp Bed
- Mallet / hammer - something to knock tent pegs into the ground
- Food and snacks
- Camping Stove
- Cooking Pans & Utensils
- Water Carrier / Jerry Can
- Camping Chairs
- Torch / Lantern / Head Torch (Plus extra batteries)
- Bin Bags
- Tableware (Plates, bowls etc)
- Tin Opener - The always forgotten
- Bottle Opener
- Matches / Lighter
- Pack clothing depending on the season
- Good footwear e.g. Rocky Boots which are great for outdoor use
- A raincoat, even for summer
- Cap if sunny or warm hat for colder weather
- First Aid Kit
- Sun Cream
- Soap & anti-bacterial Handwash
- Insect Repellent
- Toilet Roll
- Medications (if you take any)
- Wet wipes
- These are some additional things you might not have thought about:
- Solar power charger - great if no electric points available
- Brush, to help keep your tent clean
- Extra gas for the stove
Most campsites nowadays have fantastic facilities including packing, bathrooms, running water and eating areas and picnic tables. But if you are going somewhere remote you must prepare for more rustic conditions.
Where to Buy Equipment
Lots of shops sell camping equipment from tents to cookery utensils. We recommend Amazon where you can literally buy everything you need at very low prices.
To make sure you are fully prepared make a list well in advance of departure, this will give you lots of time to get everything you need.