Volunteer in Cornwall
Volunteering Jobs & Charity Work in Cornwall
Guide to Volunteering in Cornwall
Whether you are a resident in Cornwall, are planning a visit to study at university or learn English, or if you live nearby and would like to apply then our guide will help you achieve this. Cornwall is a fantastic place to both live, visit and volunteer and there are so many reasons why you might want to consider applying. There are opportunities throughout Devon and the local area.
Top Reasons to Volunteer in Cornwall
Volunteering in Cornwall is a great way to:
- Give back and help others
- Get a feel good feeling
- Meet likeminded people and make new friends
- Help others learn new skills
- Improve your own skills and improve employment prospects
- Put something back into the local community
- Keep yourself active
- Make a difference
Types of Opportunities
- Befriending / Buddying
- Mentoring Children
- Youth Disability Education & Learning
- Elderly Environmental
- Events Management Organisation
- Events Stewarding
- Healthcare & at Hospitals
- IT / Business
- Enviormental projects
- There are charity shops located throughout the town and surrounding areas which can't operate without volunteers
- Margaret Green Animal Rescue run an animal rescue centre in Tavistock. Volunteers are need to help with animal walking, care, feeding, gardening, maintenance and fundrasing.
Questions to Ask Before Applying
- What do I enjoy doing?
- What skills do I have?
- What skills do I want to learn?
- How much time can I give?
Start Dates & Duration
There are flexible opportunities where you could volunteer for a few hours a day, week or month. You can contact our recommended organisation, apply today and then join at any point throughout the year.
Every organisation is different requirements and eligibility criteria, most will require you to be aged 18+ but there are other opportunities for families, childrem 16 and 17 year olds. If you are planning to volunteer with children or vulnerable adults you will usually be required to have a police or background check.
How to Volunteer in Cornwall at Christmas
Do you live in Cornwall or are you going to spend time there over the festive period and would you like to spend your Christmas and holiday break doing something rewarding? Consider helping a local charity and volunteering your time to help other people within the local community.
There are lots of local organisations and charities based in Cornwall area accepting help during the busy Christmas period and you can give back and help. Some organisations are flexilble and allow you to help for a few hours, half a day or longer. You will find it difficult to get paid positions, these operations and events are aimed at helping poor or vulnerable members of the socity from charities who are run on shoe-string budgets, you will feel real gratitude helping and this is a great way to have a sense of acomplishment and meet kind people.
Please note no previous experience is needed but you will need to independently make your way to the volunteer centre. The best way to apply is to search and contact organisations direct or even search out more opportunities locally.