Study Abroad in Cuba
Looking for an exotic destination to study abroad? Look no further than Cuba! Imagine waking up in a city like Havana and spending time learning, turn this dream into a reality and view our guide and featured companies/programs.
Study Abroad Programs in Cuba
Guide to Studying in Cuba
Some companies and educational instutions offer short and long term study placements in Cuba, most study programs are located in Havana. You will usually study at the Universidad de la Habana (University of Havana), Cuba's oldest and largest university. Over 5,000 students study here every year and there are over 25 different subjects available. A lot of study abroad providers offer combo courses and sightseeing activities with full cultural immersion.
Top Reasons to Study in Cuba
- Learn about the local culture and people
- See spectacular sights in your spare time
- Be more than just your average tourist
- Live in a fantastic location like Havana
- Receieve credit towards your graduate or undergraduate degree (US participants)
Popular Places to Study in Cuba
- Santiago de Cuba
- Santa Clara
- Arroyo Naranjo
- Las Tunas
- Pinar del Río
Scholarships & Grants for Studying in Cuba
Looking to make your study experience as afforadable as possible? Some companies like CIEE offer applications grants to help.
- Homestays and private accommodation are usually available.
- Usually you will need to be able to speak/write in Spanish.