Jobs in Zimbabwe
View our guide to working in Zimbabwe, search positions and recruiters.
Work in Zimbabwe
If you would like to work abroad then Zimbabwe is an exotic destination to consider. Despite political turbolence the situation is a lot calmer on the ground than it was a decade ago and there are some openings to international job seekers
Types of Jobs
- A poular option is to teach English in Zimbabwe, international teachers can work at language schools throughout the country.
- A lot of people also seek out voluntary work in Zimbabwe which although usually unpaid is a great way to stay in the country
- There are recruitment agencies in Zimbabwe which can help you gain employment.
- International charities and aid organisations hire staff to work in Zimbabwe coordinating projects.
- Also international travel companies and tour operators in Zimbabwe hire guides and staff to lead groups to the best tourist destinations in the country.
Best Places to Gain Employment
You find a better chance to get work in the larger towns and cities:
Visa & Work Permits
To work legally in Zimbabwe you will need to apply for a work permit. These can be quite difficult to obtain if you a non skilled professional - permits are usually handed out to people working in industries which are lacking skilled workers. If you are from the UK you will need to apply through the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Language & Requirements
- Must be ages 18+
- Must be able to speak English
- Knowledge of written/spoken Shona, Ndebele, Dutch and/or other languages is an advantage
If you offer jobs in Zimbabwe and would like to advertise them here please get in touch.
Reviews & Testimonials
Have you ever been to work in Zimbabwe? Would you like to share your experience? Contact us today.