Work in Malia, Greece
Malia is a coastal town on the island of Crete with beautiful beaches just a short walk from the main strip. It is easy to see why this is one of the most popular places in Europe to spend a summer season working - there are so many bars, clubs and entertainment which make this one of the most popular holiday destinations for summer.
Working Holidays, Seasonal & Summer Jobs in Malia
A Guide to Working in Malia
So you would like to land a dream job abroad? Malia has the largest strip in Europe and due to the warm climate there is a need for international staff all year round.
If you would like to apply to work in Malia in 2018 search summer and seasonal jobs today.
View our guide to the best positions, search recruiters and get ready for the most incredible time of your life!
Summer Jobs in Malia
There are a lot of jobs in Malia during summer including bar work, restaurant work, pr reps, jelly shot girls and glass collectors.
Bar Jobs in Malia
- Wages: Around 35 Euros a day/night plus tips
- Working Hours:It depends on the job, usually around 8pm - 3am /10pm - 4am
- What to Expect: Working behind busy bars / clubs
- Who Can Apply: It is more advantageous to have experience but not essential, helps to have some charm & character
- Benefits: Free Drinks, meet new people, party
Club / Bar PR Jobs in Malia
- Wages:10-60 Euros per night
- Working Hours:9pm - 3am
- What to Expect: You will need to be social persuading people to go into bars and clubs. You will need bags of energy.
- Benefits: Free drinks, meeting new people, work in some of the best bars/clubs on the island
Jelly Shot Girl Jobs in Malia
- Wages:Depending on how many you sell, usaully around 20-80 Euros a night
- Working Hours:10pm - 3am
- What to Expect: You will be selling a wide selection of jelly drinks, shots, tubes and gas chambers. To do this job you have to be very outgoing and have the ability to be both fun and flirty.
- Benefits: Free drinks, constant party environment, free club passes
Restaurant Jobs in Malia
- Wages:20-50 euros a night plus tips
- Working Hours: 6-8 hour shifts, 10am-11pm
- What to Expect: You could be handing out leaflets for the restaurant, a waiter/waitress or kitchen work. You will need a friendly personality. These positions are more relaxed than working in bars
- Benefits: Advantages Free Meals & free drinks
Glass Collector Jobs in Malia
- Wages:30-40 Euros a night plus tips
- Working Hours:6-8 hours shifts 9pm- 4am
- What to Expect: Re-stocking the bar and collecting empty glasses etc
- Benefits: Free drinks, basic wage, work in party environment
Ticket Seller Jobs in Malia
- Wages:20-60 Euros per day
- Working Hours:Very Flexible
- The Role:Sell tickets for boat parties, foam parties,club nights or bar crawls
- Benefits: Free entry to clubs
Please note there are lots of other jobs available in the resorts, above we just give you examples of some of the most popular working holiday roles.
How to Apply
You can apply through an agency who will arrange your flights, accommodation and an in-country rep or you can apply independently by seeking out employment locally. Agencies can't 100% guarantee work, you will need to make a good impression to hiring managers.
"I worked a month in Malia with Playaway Abroad. I loved it so much I asked to stay longer. It was honestly the best thing I've ever done, I also made friends for life." - Chloe, UK