Truck Africa operates Trans Africa expeditions exclusively in Africa.
It is the only mid-priced range company to compete on at least the same level as the 'top-priced' companies in terms of crew, tour vehicles, equipment and service. We can achieve this for a number of reasons:
* We sell directly to the public mostly through personal recommendation. We also maintain links with African Trails who act as our only agent. We attract a lot of interest from this web site - our client base is a generation well used to looking for services on the internet!
* Our vehicles are owned, built and run by us .
* We operate from a base in Arusha, Tanzania
* We do not provide a very-expensive-to-produce brochure. Information is provided in perfectly adequate Word or PDF format
* And although this is of course a commercial operation to allow for re-investment, the fact is that profit is not our only motivation - we genuinely enjoy what we do and our enthusiasm is evident to those that travel with us.
All this means that we can pass on savings to you, the client and give you the trip of a lifetime. The fact that Truck Africa's highest source of bookings are by recommendation from previous passengers speaks for itself.
Truck Africa Trans Africa tours are based on land journeys only. We do not offer 'all-in' packages. This leaves you free to organise flights to suit your own time requirements and pocket. In our experience, clients love the flexibility this gives as tours can in effect be arranged to suit the individual rather than the other way around.
We believe that Truck Africa Trans Africa trucks are uniquely well equipped with spares as carried onboard as standard will be a spare engine, gear box, springs, radiator, prop shaft and all sorts of mechanical bits & pieces. Sand mats, and towing cables are standard issue.
We provide spacious two-person tents and camping equipment, cooking equipment and eating utensils. The kitchen includes a Camp Oven, back-up Gas Cooker in case of rain, Refrigerator and Cool Box. A large awning acts as a kitchen extension.
Also provided are:- professionally-compiled Medical Kit, amp to plug your I pod into, video charging facilities, camp stools, reference books , and bush shower.
Have you booked with Truck Africa? Please share your experience and submit your review.