The Waterways Trust is a national charity which works with others to promote greater public enjoyment of our inland waterways
The gift of your time is very valuable to us. There are many ways volunteers can help, from working at events and exhibitions to fundraising to guiding visitors around our museums. We are keen to recruit more volunteers from a variety of backgrounds with a range of different skills. As a volunteer, you can make a huge contribution to the work of The Trust and our museums.
The type of opportunities available include:
* Explaining the history and development of our waterways and how that influenced life for the people connected with the canals
* Assisting with arts and crafts activities for children at Trust and museum events
* Taking part in canal clear ups and hedgerow planting events
To volunteer at one of our museums please call the appropriate manager:
* National Waterways Museum Gloucester Docks: Chris Hayes - 01452 318209 or email us
* National Waterways Museum Ellesmere Port: 0151 3734371 or email us
* " National Waterways Museum Stoke Bruerne: David Henderson - 01604 862229 or email us
To take part in the Trust's environmental or fundraising activities (currently taking place on the Rochdale Canal, Droitwich Canal, Cotswold Canals and Lowland Canals in Scotland) contact:
* England & Wales - 0845 0700 710
* Scotland - 01324 677822
Have you booked with The Waterways Trust? Please share your experience and submit your review.