Thai Care is a non-profit, non-government grass roots organization committed to helping children in need in Thailand. The organization was founded in 1992. It has grown over the years and now serves more than 200 children in 6 projects.
We always are in need for people to volunteer for the various existing tasks we are facing. Regardless of whether you are a student or retired, we can use your skills. Depending on what abilities you have we can use your help. Presently we are in need of:
- Teaching Basic English conversation at the Mae Hae Hostel Project
- Practical wood-working at Bamboo Mania and assisting in developing bamboo products
- Assistants to help at the Hot Coffee Guesthouse and Restaurant
Requirements for volunteers:
- A minimum time commitment of 3 months.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to serve as a good example with good manners to the children
- To provide their own travel expenses
- Willingness to work 8 hours a day, 6 days a week
Thai Care Provides:
- Simple but delicious Thai and Tribal Food
- Accommodation (and a private toilet)
- Lot’s of wonderful memories with the children
- Lot’s of challenges and work
including skills, work experiences health status, etc.
You should prepare for a wonderful experience and bringwith you:
- Visa for Thailand (ask us for details)
- Flash light
- Flip Flop’s
- A warm sweater for cold nights
- Mosquito repellant
- A good book (for the less busy times)
- Decent, not too revealing clothes
- Lot’s of patience when things don’t work out as planned
Have you booked with Thai Care? Please share your experience and submit your review.