Company : Project Everest Ventures
Location : Blantyre, Malawi
Duration: 4 weeks to 3 months
Approx Costs: 2000 to 2500 £ Pound (UK)
At Project Everest Ventures, we solve global social issues through the development of tailored business solutions.
Our Social Impact Internships
On a Social Impact Internship in Blantyre, Malawi, you'll be working with a passionate team of social etnrepreneurs to enable a tailored, affordable solution to a prevalent social issue. Each venture is grown throughout each month of its operation, with the mission to positively enable 1 billion people through these globally scalable and effective solutions.
Currently in Malawi, the ventures that you can be involved with include:
• Solar Consulting | Enabling off-the-grid, household access to reliable and efficient alternative energy through small scale solar solutions.
• Health Consulting | Saving time and medical resources by tackling access to health care in rural communities through AI enabled medical diagnosis.
• Hidden Hunger | An accessible digital information system to inform rural communities about what crops to grow locally to ensure a complete diet with the aim to integrate this approach on a community level.
• Social Consulting | Removing barriers to affordable financial and business advice, coupled with micro-financing, to accelerate microenterprises amongst local communities.
Experience the Culture
Whilst you'll be immersed amongst the community during the internship hours through the week, the range of opportunities for additional cultural engagement and exploration beyond this period are incredible. Whether you’re heading on a weekend Safari to go wildlife spotting, heading to Lake Malawi for a dip, or somewhere in between, we encourage our teams to fully make the most of their experience overseas with us, personally as much as professionally.
Training and Skill Development
No matter which team you’re part of, you'll be in a unique and challenging environment to help achieve determined sustainable development goals across the globe. You'll also come away with exposure to a range of entrepreneurial methodologies and experience, including Lean Startup, Design Thinking and Scaling Up, with additional workshops and training run in-country.
We are seeking passionate, socially-minded, and hard-working people to undertake our internships, with the potential for further leadership and business training beyond. Be part of the social change and apply for your place now.
- Accommodation (from beginning of project until second last evening)
- Breakfast and dinner on project days
- Travel insurance (excess of AU$250)
- Access to International SOS
- Clean drinking water
- Utilities- water, electricity, internet for project use
- In-country training workshops
- Dedicated Team Leader & Senior Leaders
- Cultural Events
- Crowdicity Access
- Consultant Access where necessary
- Project Everest Polo Shirt
- Project Everest Notebook
There a no reviews, click 'Add a review' to submit one
Have you booked with Project Everest Ventures? Please share your experience and submit your review.
Are you looking to book cheap hotels? Browse our directory to view information about our top rated hotel co...
According to the United Nations, the world population reached over 7 Billion in 2011. 7 Billion!! This is a...
To add your organisation to our website or for all advertising enquiries please contact:...
Get prepared before departing on your next trip abroad and buy travel money in advance. ...
Before you are go to visit Italy, whether on holiday, a weekend break, backpacking or traveling it is impor...
Most of us assume, these days, that public transport is greener than driving your own car (1). But these as...