As a volunteer you will become an important part of the Museum, supporting our work and enhancing the experience of our many visitors.
* Do you have some free time and enjoy helping people?
* Are you interested in ships and seafarers, how the oceans have shaped our history, the future of the sea, or simply in museums?
* Would you like to become part of our dedicated team of volunteers?
New volunteering roles become available regularly in a variety of Museum departments. Please see our list of current opportunities, and check back soon if there are no roles suited to you at the moment.
Please note: Volunteering is not the same as Work Experience. If you are a student looking for work experience, please send your CV and covering letter to Denise Lima at email@example.com.
The volunteer programme recruits people who are dedicated to learning and who wish to support the Museum's work. Volunteers are generally asked to commit themselves to a minimum of one day a week.
Inside a Museum gallery. Inside a Museum gallery. The Museum is committed to training and development for staff and volunteers. All volunteers will receive an induction and relevant specialized training as appropriate.
Skills and experience
The volunteer programme aims to:
* encourage people to use existing skills and develop new talents in a unique environment
* create an opportunity to serve the community, helping visitors enjoy the Museum as part of the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site.
Have you booked with NNM, Royal Observatory Greenwich, The Queens House Greenwich? Please share your experience and submit your review.