Do you have some free time and do you like helping people?
* Are you interested in ships and seafarers, how the oceans have shaped our history or the future of the sea?
* Would you like to gain work experience in a national museum?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then read on and don't miss this unique opportunity.
Museum visitors in Neptune Court.Museum visitors in Neptune Court. The Museum is keen to involve more people from the local community in its work. There are opportunities to become involved on a voluntary basis, mainly working in the galleries.
As a volunteer you will become an important part of the Museum, helping visitors from all over the world enjoy their time here.
The volunteer programme recruits people who are dedicated to learning and who wish to support the Museum's work. Volunteers are asked to commit themselves to a minimum of one day a week.
Inside a Museum gallery.Inside a Museum gallery. The Museum is committed to training and development for staff and volunteers. All volunteers will receive an induction and relevant specialized training as appropriate.
We are looking for visitor-friendly people who will:
* enhance the visitor experience by providing detailed information about services and displays
* actively assist visitors finding the galleries that most interest them
* maximize the educational value schools parties derive from their visits
* provide organizational support for the Museum's programme of interpretative events
* increase the Museum's capacity to provide entertaining and interesting tours to visitors
Skills and experience
The volunteer programme aims to:
* encourage people to use existing skills and develop new talents in a unique environment
* create an opportunity to serve the community, helping visitors enjoy the Museum as part of the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site.
Have you booked with National Maritime Museum? Please share your experience and submit your review.