We invite enthusiastic volunteers to join us on our community programmes with GMH in Taroudannt, Southern Morocco, situated in the foothills of the mighty Atlas Mountains.
The volunteers we look for must have a real commitment to the aims of our work: socio-economic development, building ties of friendship across countries, and increasing cultural understanding.
We normally prefer our volunteers to have a good grasp of French or Arabic to facilitate their work in the community. However, we also offer tuition in support of volunteers who wish to build their language skills before they participate in the projects.
By participating in our volunteer projects, you will benefit from:
- Lodging in a host family, offering a unique insight into the lives of Moroccans and their culture, and a base from which to integrate into the community;
- A full, taught induction course covering the Arabic language, Moroccan culture and history, and bespoke preparation for the role you will carry out;
- In-depth pre-trip and in-country support, delivered by the Moroccan Children’s Trust and Groupe Maroc Horizons;
- A varied programme of work placements across different institutions – including orphanages, schools, youth clubs or development research activity;
- A number of guided excursions around Morocco, including a final long trip at the end of the project to destinations such as the mighty Atlas Mountains or the great Sahara desert.
Have you booked with Moroccan Childrens Trust? Please share your experience and submit your review.