To improve the health of individuals and communities around the globe through education, training, and practical programs in leadership, management, and health promotion.
Volunteer & Intern Opportunities
From time to time throughout the year, GHA needs individual and group volunteers to:
* Help answer phones at the front desk
* Put together information packets
* Help with special events
* Assist with other administrative tasks
* Stuff envelopes and put together materials for large mailings
* Do landscaping and gardening to beautify GHA’s grounds
* Host receptions for course participants
* Put together welcome bags for course participants
* Be part of the Speakers Bureau, representing GHA at community events and fairs and speaking about the organization and its programs to civic, corporate, and church groups.
In addition, volunteers/interns with specialized expertise in public health, development, marketing, research, and other areas are often needed for specific projects and tasks to help with GHA’s programs, development, and marketing. Tasks include research (e.g., grants & funding or public health issues, statistics, and best practices), program development, project assistance, translation (especially French & Chinese), etc.
Global Health Action also employs year-long Federal work-study interns through Emory University; primarily they are Master's degree candidates at the Rollins School of Public Health.
Location & Facilities: GHA’s World Headquarters and Training Center is located on Clairmont Road in Decatur, Georgia, less than a half-mile north of Emory’s Clairmont Campus and the VA Hospital. There is a large parking lot and the site is also accessible by MARTA. Business hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Have you booked with Global Health Action? Please share your experience and submit your review.