We are a grassroots organization with a belief system founded in the heart! Our message is simple - to help the less fortunate, especially children who are the most vulnerable.
GCHN offers a flexible volunteer program in one of three places in Nepal. The intention is to bring your skills and knowledge to improve the lives of Nepal's underprivileged children. All you need is an open mind, open heart and willingness to share and exchange ideas, knowledge, education, culture and your experiences.
1. Kathmandu (capital city of Nepal)
2. Chitwan (village in southern Nepal)
*Our children are in the process of learning English, thus you do not need to speak Nepali to participate (though some basic vocabulary is always appreciated!)
Role of Volunteer:
Depending on the need of a on-going project and skills/interests of current participants, volunteers can get involved in any of following activities:
• Teach English: (3-4 hours a day) in children's home or school
• Health Education: help kids brush teeth, properly clean and teach, as well as keep proper personal hygiene
• Physical Education: organize & teach games, conduct exercises with the children
• Arts, Crafts and Talent: drawing, singing, dance and other creative education and extracurricular activities.
• Trips: chaperone children on educational tours.
• Help Children with School Activities: assist with homework, monitor academic progress and make sure they complete all requirements for school.
• Share knowledge and experiences: teaching children basic skills that one learns in the home, from parents, family members and community (cooking, manners, etc)
• Child Care: for children who are home, ill from school
• Skill training: teach useful skills (sewing, knitting, crafts, building, cooking) to the children who cannot go school (because of over age, which especially applies to young ladies).
• Administrative Assistance to our organization (web-site, photos, fundraising, etc)
Role of GCHN:
• determine proper placement and assist volunteer with logistics, such as housing, transportation, cultural adjustment
• Monitor volunteer's participation
• Volunteer service is flexible; however the more time one can commit, the more rewarding the experience.
• GCHN recommend a minimum of 1 week
We understand that you are already giving up precious time to help our country and people; however, this cost goes to cover administrative cost securing your placement and with helping with logistics. More importantly, it extra income for the organization to purchase food, hygienic items, school supplies and basic medicine.
Have you booked with Global Child Home Nepal? Please share your experience and submit your review.