Company : Fronteering
Activity: Animal Volunteer Projects
Country: United States
Location : Florida, USA
Duration: 2 weeks to 3 months
Approx Costs: 750 to 1750 $ Dollars (US)
You will be living in a private or semi-private room in the main sanctuary residence. Depending on how many other volunteers are attending this project at one time, you may share your room with 1 other volunteer (same sex). Beds are single bunk beds (two levels). All rooms have keys and they can be locked. The sanctuary does have lockers available but we have not seen any need for using them. Hot shower and laundry facilities are at your disposal. Facilities to relax after working hours are available. Each room is equipped with a satellite connection and color television, DVD player, and desk top computer with high speed internet access available for personal use, which you are welcome to use any time you like and is free.
Airport transfer and pick up
You will be picked up and transferred from the airport to the project site.
Food is provided at the sanctuary and included in the fee. Full kitchen privileges are available for your use, special arrangements such as vegan or vegetarian food can be made. The food offered is not vegetarian unless you specify your special dietary needs before you arrive, this includes special dietary needs for medical conditions.
If there are any problems with your volunteer project we are always there to help you and mediate between yourself and the organization.
Through FRONTEERING you have the possibility to book tours in the USA after you have finished your volunteer project.
24/7 Emergency contact
If there are any problems during you stay in Vancouver you can reach us 24/7 to assist you.
All year round!
- The opportunity to work with a wide variety of animals ranging from domestic to exotic species!
- The opportunity to work with a great team of staff and other volunteers.
- The opportunity to explore the beautiful nature of Florida!
- Required to commit to a minimum of 2 weeks and no more than 12 weeks.s
- You must respect and love animals;
- You must be tolerant towards others and abide by all sanctuary rules, any violation of a sanctuary rule is grounds for immediate dismissal and you will not be eligible for a refund;
- You must welcome team work but also be able to work alone;
- NO SMOKING is allowed on the property outside of a vehicle during fire season. - Otherwise, smoking is permitted only in designated areas, outside of the view of the public. Cigarette butts must be picked up and disposed of immediately.
- You must be able to speak and understand English;
- Age: 18 and older
- You must vaccinate for Tetanus; it is preferred that you email this proof via email to the volunteer coordinator prior to your arrival;
- You must have a life and accident insurance for the period that you are going to be at the sanctuary.
- No animal allergies
We are now redirecting you to our partner specialist supplier website where you will be able to view more information and make a booking.
Now you have sent an enquiry the next step is to start getting prepared for your big overseas adventure. Below you will find a list of travel essentials including our top rated websites for travel related goods and services.
Skyscanner’s simple, easy to use search engine makes it easy to book cheap flights abroad:
World Nomads offer simple & flexible travel insurance. You can buy, extend & claim online from anywhere in the world.
Buy currency in advance for the best price available. We recommend Travelex who offer the best priced foreign currency online which includes 0% commission:
Save money when you travel by buying a prepaid currency card. Get 1% cashback on purchases + no ATM fees abroad:
VisaHQ provides you with travel visas with a quick and simple online service:
Need new equipment for your trip? Find bags, suitcases & a wide selection of travel accessories with the AllOutDoor shop
Looking to explore more of your destination? We recommend booking a tour with G Adventures:
Search & book hostels worldwide:
Find the best hotel deals at HotelsCombined - the world's best hotel price comparison site:
Rosetta Stone offer award winning language programs where you can learn online or at your own pace. There are courses in over 30 worldwide languages:
Want to live abroad & get paid? Buy a TEFL course & get qualified to teach English abroad:
Purchase travel guide books, phrase books or download ebooks for your phone or tablet:
We might have other suggestions for similar trips and opportunities worldwide, for advice and recommendations please contact us for help and advice.
Have you booked Fronteering Predator Rescue Florida? Please share your experience and submit your review.