Formed in 1934 the Friends of the Lake District works to protect and enhance the special qualities of the distinctive and inspirational landscapes of the Lake District and Cumbria.
Volunteering makes a real difference for Friends of the Lake District and some of our work is only possible because of the help we receive from our volunteers. In 2007 our volunteers carried out over 760 hours of work which achieved the restoration of dry stone walls, the maintenance of 100s of trees, a successful Cumbria Farm Events programme, spreading the word at country shows and keeping on top of paperwork in the office.
Volunteers bring a whole range of different skills and interests to our work and you do not have to be a landscape expert to help; there are many different ways in which you can contribute. Neither do volunteers have to be a Member, but we encourage volunteers to join so that their subscription can further contribute to our work.
Volunteering enables Members and others to:
- Contribute to the work of Friends of the Lake District in a practical way
- Learn about Friends of the Lake District properties and how they are managed
- Meet other Members and Friends of the Lake District staff
- Practice some of the skills of conservation management
- Experience the wonderful landscapes of Cumbria
Have you booked with Friends of the Lake District? Please share your experience and submit your review.