Know Before You Go (KBYG) is an ongoing campaign with around 250 travel industry partners to help Brits to stay safe and healthy abroad.
What is the Know Before You Go Campaign?
The campaign was launched in 2001 to promote these key messages:
* get adequate travel insurance
* check the FCO's country travel advice
* research your destination, know the local laws and customs
* visit your GP at least six weeks before travelling
* check your passport is in good condition and valid and you have all necessary visas
* make copies of important travel documents and/or store them online using a secure data storage site
* tell someone where you are going and leave emergency contact details with them
* take enough money and have access to emergency funds
Every year thousands of British travellers seriously regret not taking these simple steps.
If you're planning a trip you should read the travellers checklist it's full of practical tips for having a safe and enjoyable time.
See our full list of campaign partners and learn about the benefits of becoming a Know Before You Go campaign partner.
Targeting different types of British travellers
Our research has shown that particular groups of travellers experience unique problems. We use mini-campaigns to reach these groups with our advice:
* independent travellers
* hen and stag parties
* package holiday makers
* gap year travellers
* sports travellers
* ethnic minorities
* elderly and retired travellers
For example, younger travellers are the least prepared group of UK travellers that's why we launched the dedicated GoGapYear.com website and work with specialist travel companies and universities to get our message to them.
Recent KBYG mini-campaigns include:
* Cricket World Cup 2007
* Rugby World Cup 2007
* Post Office campaign on getting insurance
* backpackers & independent travellers
* gap years
* visiting friends and relatives
* winter sports
* over 55's
There a no reviews, click 'Add a review' to submit one
Have you booked with Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)? Please share your experience and submit your review.