Seeking energetic, enthusiastic and experienced tennis player to lead our tennis program. Must love kids and enjoy teaching and being outdoors. Relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Block Island Club
Job Description: Head Tennis Instructor
Time commitment: 10 weeks from mid June to mid August
Salary: $250-$400/week based on experience
Waterfront housing included.
The Block Island Club seeks a highly motivated, responsible individual for the position of Head Tennis Instructor for the summer of 2011. The Club is a 125 member organization located on beautiful Block Island that focuses on sailing, tennis and swimming instruction, primarily for children. The Head Tennis Instructor will oversee all tennis related activities, including:
• Developing overall summer children’s tennis program for each skill level: (beginner, intermediate and advanced). Focus is on skill acquisition and fun. Positive coaching and building appreciation for and enjoyment of tennis are critical.
• Teach daily group lessons and manage additional tennis instructor and tennis interns so that they are actively guiding children and assisting in building enthusiasm.
• Teach private lessons for children and adults.
• Schedule tournaments for children. One end of season tournament as well as weekly round-robins.
• Ensure Ladies and Men’s weekend tennis is organized and courts prepared.
• Develop expectations for your assistant instructor and staff. Provide informal feedback and formal review.
• Participate in all club activities (children’s night events, club social events etc.)
For any questions or interest in applying, please contact Carolyn Booth at 917-355-6633.
About the Block Island Club
The Block Island Club is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located on Block Island, Rhode Island. The organization was founded to further educate children and adults alike in variety of activities that serve to benefit the greater Block Island community. Please visit www.blockislandclub.org for more information and photos.
Have you booked with Block Island Club? Please share your experience and submit your review.