Assumption Volunteers are individuals aged 20+, single or married, who are willing to take up the challenge of living in a culture that is very different from their own.
The volunteer programme is for those who wish to share in the lives of the poor, the young and the marginalized, both in the UK, and with Assumption communities around the world.
The primary emphasis of the programme is not the provision of professional services. The programme is for individuals with a sense of personal search and openness to unfamiliar ways of working - ways that value people for who they are, not what they do.
Assumption Volunteers are:
* Aged 20 or above
* Living in the UK (or living overseas in a country with an Assumption Volunteer Programme and applying through that programme)
* Ready to make a commitment of one year (renewable) in project
* Able to live simply
* Wanting to share in the daily life of poor communities
* Living the values of justice, service, and global family
* Willing to adapt their skills and talents in service
* Respectful of others' religious faith
There a no reviews, click 'Add a review' to submit one
Have you booked with Assumption Lay Volunteer Programme (ALVP)? Please share your experience and submit your review.
Kenneth Quillinan from Ireland was looking for a change of job and direction. He decided to have a total ch...
All hotels want the same thing, whether you are talking about an economy hotel or a luxury boutique hotel; ...
Find religious missions and programs overseas. Undertaking religious work abroad can be a life changing exp...
Most of us assume, these days, that public transport is greener than driving your own car (1). But these as...
Are you tired of your daily working routine? Or feeling lost? Do you want to spend some time within yoursel...
Charles Darwin once said, “The love of all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man&r...