Best Places in the World to Have a Vacation in Paradise
When the word “paradise” is mentioned, people immediately think of relaxing on white sand beaches and basking in the ocean’s blue waters. Some of the best places to have a vacation are hidden and untouched. Exploring these vacation destinations is like unraveling another one of Mother Nature’s secret wonders.
Going on a vacation is an excellent way to relieve your stress from your everyday routine. Your work and daily duties may cause you to feel strained that’s why going on vacation even just for a few days is a great way to allow your body and mind to unwind. There’s no better way to enjoy a relaxing holiday than to unravel these hidden travel destinations and see their wonders up close.
A vacation in paradise is also easier to plan if you know where to go. In this article we show you some of the world’s most beautiful and unparalleled travel destinations. View our top recommendations below:
1. El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
With 7,107 islands, the Philippines is full of natural beauty and millions of tourists visit this country every year. El Nido in Palawan is one of the most beautiful places you can visit in the ountry. This region is home to more than 50 white sandy beachesIf you’re a beach lover or a nature enthusiast, El Nido is the place for you.
- Its warm cyan ocean is the perfect place to enjoy scuba diving, swimming with whale sharks, appreciate a variety of marine life, hike in its dense forests, and enjoy watching different bird species. Of course, go island hopping all day while feasting on delectable Filipino dishes served on the boat.
- Filipinos are also known for their food. When you visit Palawan, make sure to try the popular Crocodile Sisig at the Kinabucha’s Bar and Grill. Located in Puerto Princesa, Palawan, this restaurant serves it’s exotic dish on a sizzling plate. Served with flavorful ingredients, this dish is one of the most popular among tourists.
- If you love beer, Palawan also has its very own brewery. The Palaweno Brewery is Palawan’s first and only craft beer brewery. They serve a variety of beer that are created with local ingredients. You can try the Honey Kolsh, Honey Nut Brown Ale, Palawan Wit, and Ambog Ale.
2. Hidden Beach, Marieta Islands, Mexico
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to have an entire beach all to yourself? Well, you can now enjoy your own little coastline in Marieta Islands. Located in Mexico, this hidden beach was initially a military testing ground. However, it’s now one of the world’s secluded beauties. You literally have to swim for it before you can see this beach’s glory.
When you visit Marieta Islands, you can enjoy a variety of watersports such as swimming, kayaking, and snorkeling. It is best to visit the islands in the morning when the seas are calm so you can take the boat or ferry. Once you’re near, you can swim your way to its beaches. Get the perfect tan that you want while enjoying the sun from its sandy shores and cerulean waters.
3. Giola, Thassos, Greece
Nothing beats a relaxing swim in a pool during a hot summer day. But did you know that you can experience nature’s very own swimming pool? If you’re looking for another hidden travel destination, head over to Giola. Located in Thassos, Greece, Giola has its sea lagoon, naturally carved inside rocks. You need to walk to get to the lagoon. However, you won’t be disappointed when you get there. The rocks resemble a terrace that’s why walking there is easy. The lagoon is so inviting, especially when the weather is nice and the seas are peaceful.
- Aside from lounging around in the lagoon, you can book a yacht tour to explore Giola. You can also hike around the area so you can appreciate nature. You can also go scuba diving with the help of Popeye Diving Center and Vasiliadis Diving Club.
- Thassos is also known for its healthy yet delectable dishes. You can try the famous Kolios Gourna - a smoked and baked mackerel that is filled with flavor. Known for their feta cheese, you should also try the Bouyourdi. The feta cheese is laid into a clay pot together with a variety of soft cheeses, sliced peppers, fresh tomatoes, black pepper, and olive oil. The pot is then placed into the oven until the cheeses melt. It’s a simple dish but still filled with flavor.
4. Ko Phi Phi Leh
This secluded beach is located in Thailand. It’s one of the most popular beaches in Hollywood, but not many are aware of its location. This stunning beach getaway was used to film the movie, “The Beach.” An iconic film needs an equally iconic view. Ko Phi Phi Leh does not disappoint. It is surrounded by a sea of green and blue and has been made famous in many movies.
- Thailand is also known for its exotic cuisine. When you visit Ko Phi Phi Leh, you should definitely try the country’s famous Pad Thai. The noodles are stir fried with chicken, shrimp, tofu, or vegetables. It’s then topped with chili, sugar, lime, and roasted peanuts.
- If you’re into shopping, Ko Phi Phi Leh doesn’t fall short on places where you can find a bargain. Try visiting the Phi Phi Market to get a glimpse of the islanders’ daily life. Mr. Rum Boutique is located at the Tonsai Main Street. The shop is filled with beautiful sarongs, dresses, shirts, and textiles at reasonable prices.
Traveling is a great way to escape your world and everyday life. It’s also an ideal way to experience paradise even just for a few days. Once you come back home from these beautiful places, you take a part of the experience with you. So whenever you need to feel calm, you can just go back to the time when you were having the most incredible vacation of your life.
George was born in the Cayman Islands, and has a passion for writing about the best things to do in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. He travels a lot, and blogs to his audience about his journeys.